Centre for Teaching & Learning (CTL) Summer Student Awards
Annually, a maximum of three $5000 undergraduate student awards and two $7750 graduate student awards will be given to work with a faculty member(s) to create learning objects to enhance teaching in a course(s) or to contribute to broader program revision during the summer months.
Awards given to undergraduate and graduate students in support of teaching enhancement at the University of Alberta. Made possible by an Endowment for Teaching, Learning and Their Enhancement, and parallel to the Roger S Smith Research awards, awards will given to work with a faculty member(s) to create learning objects to enhance teaching in a course(s) or to contribute to broader program revision. Examples include creating a website to be used in teaching, learning modules, learning objects, multimedia content, materials, assignments, or conducting literature reviews or environmental scan that feeds into (re)design of course materials or program (re)design.
- Competition: 3 awards to undergraduate students (valued at $5000) for 15-week summer work
- Competition: 2 awards to graduate students (valued at $7750= 12 hour TA/week, 4 month)
Candidates must normally be continuing in an undergraduate or graduate degree program following the summer the award is taken up. At the time of application, candidates must be, at a minimum, in Satisfactory Standing (GPA minimum 2.0) at the undergraduate level. A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7 is required at the graduate level.
CTL Director, CTL Associate Director, CTL Educational Developer, CTL Faculty Affiliate.
- January - Information session
- January 15 - Call for proposals
- March 15 (by 11:59 PM to firstname.lastname@example.org) - Submission deadline
- March 31 - Notification of results
- May 1 - August 31 - Funding period
- Outcome Dissemination - CTL website